What To Do at DCA Food & Wine Festival
Spring is in the air and so are the wonderful smells of all the things the Food & Wine Festival has to offer! The festival runs for 54 days this year from March 1 – April 23! Believe it or not there’s so much more to the festival than eating! That’s just the most important part LOL! Here’s an overview of what the festival has to offer!
Festival Marketplace Kiosks
There are a total of 14 kiosks this year all designed after California-grown ingredients! We’ve tried nearly every booth so you’ll want to check out our review of the various food items. These are the 14 kiosks you can visit:
- Avocado Time – Indulge in flavorful medleys that make your mouth sing.
- Berry Patch – Hail the big berry for top billing!
- California Craft Brews – Cheers to a round from California’s best local breweries.
- Citrus Grove – Zing it up with zesty refreshments!
- Cluck-a-Doodle-Moo – Rally for these sliders, wings ‘n’ beer—a sports fan’s dream!
- Garlic Kissed – Savor food and drinks featuring the stinking rose.
- Golden Dreams – Tempt taste buds with well-seasoned eats and nectarous drinks.
- I Heart Artichokes – Partake in the thistle—prepared in 2 different ways!
- LAstyle – Feast on favorite southland food-truck flavors.
- Nuts About Cheese – Let us introduce you to wine’s best friends.
- Off the Cob – Celebrate the essence of summer’s sweetness.
- Peppers Cali-Ente – Snack on hot ‘n’ spicy fare with a Cali twist!
- Uncork California – Sip vino by the glass or try a flight.
- Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit – Dine on healthy fare paired with complementary libations.
Whether you go for the food or the wine or both you’re bound to find something that’ll suit your taste buds! Make sure you grab a tasting passport and get it stamped to remember where you visited and what foods you tried!
**NEW THIS YEAR**
You can visit ANY kiosks and order any item then go pick it up at the appropriate kiosk! So find the shortest line and order away!
In addition to these kiosks you can also get items at the Paradise Garden Grill! They offer full meals, but you can also use your Sip & Savor Pass for a few of the items on the menu.
Sip & Savor Passes are available to ANYONE, not just Annual Passholders! Price is $54 for non-AP and $49 with AP. Not valid on alcoholic beverages. DON’T rip off the tabs before you reach the register, they will become void and you can’t use them!
Pro Tip: Divide and conquer! Get the Sip & Savor Pass and share items among your friends/family to be able to try more things!
What better way to remember your trip to the Food & Wine festival than with some amazing themed souvenirs?? This year’s merchandise is absolutely amazing! I love the theme and color scheme (rhyming not intended LOL) it’s just so hard to resist!
There’s a few places you can get festival merchandise from:
- Studio Store
- Festival Gifts, near The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Festival Merchandise Carts
- Seaside Souvenirs
And here’s just a taste of what you can buy!
Since we’re Annual Passholders we’re always on the lookout for what special perks we get during these events! The AP Corner can be found inside Blue Sky Cellar where you can get a special AP button, photo op, and just relax! The AP corner is only available until March 31 from noon – 6:00 p.m. daily!
Also you can check out the exclusive AP merchandise, although the Cotton Candy soda shirt is available for everyone!
Make your way over to the Backlot Stage for the opportunity to watch some amazing culinary demonstrations! This is only available on the weekends:
- 3:00 PM – Family Time
Saturdays and Sundays
- 3:00 PM – Family Time
- 4:15 PM – Discover California, presented by CA GROWN
- 5:30 PM – Culinary Demonstrations with Visiting Chefs
There’s even some great opportunities for kids during the festival! Children ages 3-11 can have hands on experiences with Chef Goofy in the Hollywood Backlot! This is on a first-come first-serve basis. No additional cost and is offered several times daily!
Throughout the festival there are different stages offering a variety of live music! We’ve walked by as some were performing and they are very entertaining! There’s three different locations you can visit:
- Jammin’ Chefs
Location: Paradise Gardens Park Obelisk near The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Paradise Garden Bandstand
Location: Paradise Gardens
- Live Festival Music at Paradise Gardens Park
Location: Palisades Stage
Feel free to stop by and visit as you’re enjoying your food and wine items!
For even more information about the Food & Wine Festival make sure to visit Disney’s website for additional details! There are other seminars, dinners, demonstrations and more that are offered for a cost and require a reservation. Those can be viewed on Disney’s site as that is where you can make your reservations as well!
There’s still time to book your vacation to experience this wonderful time of year! The Adventureland Girls are an affiliate of Get Away Today and we want you and your family/friends to save money on your next Disney vacation! Not sure what Get Away Today is? Check out our last post that gives you all the information you need!
Ready to book your next vacation? Check out our affiliate link and make sure you use promo code AG10 to save you $10 off your vacation package!